Immigration Procedure in Japan

Non-Japanese people who intend to live (or to work, to manage a company, to study and so on) in Japan have to attend to the Immigration bureau by themselves to apply for status of residence as applicants.

Representatives who are regulated by immigration rule can attend to the Immigration bureau when the applicants are not in Japan. Legal representatives of the applicants can also attend to the Immigration bureau instead of the applicants.

We, Immigration lawyers, can attend to and apply for the status of residence to the Immigration bureau on behalf of applicants or representatives of immigration rule or regal representatives.

We are dealing with following applications as the immigration lawyer.

  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • Change of Status of Residence
  • Extension of Period of Stay
  • Permission to Acquire Status of Residence
  • Permanent Residence
  • Certificate of Authorized Employment (Permission to change jobs)
  • Re-entry Permit
  • Permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted (Permission to part-time jobs)

Notification concerning the accepting organization or the spouse

Residence card holders, whose status of residence is based on his/her social relationship such as employment contract or marital status, must notify the details of any change in such social relationship to the Minister of Justice.

However, such notification is required only for residence card holders who obtained a landing permit, a permit for a change of the status of residence and a permit for the extension of the period of stay after July 9, 2012.

We help you to notify following procedures.

  • Procedures for notification concerning an organization for the activity
  • Procedures for notification concerning a contracting organization
  • Procedures for notification concerning a spouse

Services for illegal residents

We are handling following procedure for illegal residents.

  • Special permission for residence
  • Retrial of entreaty for special permission of residence
  • Special permission for loading
  • Departure Order